Interested in teaching, but have a Bachelor’s Degree unrelated to education?

Interested in teaching, but have a Bachelor’s Degree unrelated to education?
If you are looking for a place where you can truly make a difference in the lives of children – practice the art of teaching proudly, share your ideas with colleagues, engage in intellectual discourse, and develop yourself professionally for limitless potential?
We are delighted to hear of your interest in teaching. North Carolina does provide an alternate route to teaching, called Lateral Entry. View a helpful guide to the lateral entry process: Qualifications for Lateral Entry(Go to this website
To apply directly to the RALC, access the following overview for prospective teachers (Go to this website
Praxis teacher tests may be required. Access NC state requirements for Praxis (Go to this website
In North Carolina, the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) (Go to this website is the governing body for licensure. DPI issues all teacher licenses, evaluates experience for salary credit, manages the NC online application system, and much more.
After reviewing the above information, should you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to call Human Resources at 336-835-3135 Ext. 226.
Are transcripts required?

Transcripts are not required to apply. However, after a formal offer of employment is made, licensed employees, as well as classified employees who must be HQ (see above), official transcripts are REQUIRED. Please order an official set of transcripts (for any degrees earned related to your area of interest) and have them sent DIRECTLY TO YOU (not to us, unless your college/university will not send to you)!  You should always keep a copy of your transcripts for your records.

Do I need to include references?

Yes. Your application should include the name, position, complete mailing address, and work and home phone numbers of at least three references, such as principals and supervisors, who have first hand knowledge of your professional preparation and competence. At least one reference must be from a supervisor. References from relatives are not accepted, nor are references from friends who have not observed you in a work capacity.